Projectsbuilt on our experience
Tracy Marketplace Tracy, California
Anchored by Wal-Mart, the Tracy Marketplace is a growing retail area that includes stores such as Staples and Michael's. Recent development in the marketplace has brought several new tenants, including Burger King, Taco Bell, Weinerschnitzel, Mancini's Sleep World, Mattress Discounters, and Smile Care Dentistry, to name a few.
Aliquot was engaged to provide planning, civil engineering, construction staking, and construction management. Our project involvement included more than the civil disciplines usually provided; it included managing all the consultants and the construction management of improvements and contractual compliance management of the contractors.
Civil Engineering challenges included:
- New 65 acre retail center
- Boundary and topographic & aerial survey
- Tenants include: Wal-Mart, Staples, Costco, Michael’s Burger King, Taco Bell, Weinerschnitzel, Mancini’s Sleep World, Mattress Discounters, and Smile Care Dentistry
- Construction manager, project manager in addition to civil engineer & land surveyor
- Boring and jacking beneath Highway 205 with sewer & water
- Extension of utilities through shopping center, challenges associated with flat terrain
- Frontage improvements of arterial streets required widening, utility undergrounding
- Large irrigation canal realignment, involved reclamation district
- See also Park Atherton single family homes – tentative map, design and construction for 200 units and City parks
The project is featured in the City of Tracy website (from City of Tracy)