Projectsbuilt on our experience
El Cerrito Plaza El Cerrito, California
The 26 acre El Cerrito Plaza Shopping Center project was awarded to Aliquot, due its reputation of understanding construction phasing of a retail property during full operation of the center’s tenant businesses. Located on challenging sloped topography, the Plaza needed upgrades including a major rehabilitation of site improvements.
After careful planning with the developer and architect, Aliquot developed a program of construction phasing and scheduling for the site work, which established the lease commitments to new tenants and assured patron parking and access to stores during construction. Move-in commitments of new, oncoming, major tenants were established with a programmed assurance to minimize disruption to the existing tenants.
The undertaking was all encompassing and challenged Aliquot’s experienced principals and engineers. Phasing plans, design, permit processing, and construction management was provided to successfully complete the project on target:
- Carefully planned parking lot rehabilitation, rather than reconstruction, which provided ample parking to serve existing stores and timely completion.
- Creek reconstruction, requiring Resource Agency permitting.
- Utility relocation and construction was phased incrementally into the construction plan to minimize loss of parking and unobstructed access lanes.
- Processing through Cal Trans for the widening and construction of frontage improvements on the state highway.
- Extensive shallow ground water throughout the construction area.
- Planning for a 350 unit condominium project for the next development phase.